Gingerbread is kinda a big deal around here. Sometimes we just can’t wait for the holidays to have some of it in our lives. Here’s a recipe we love whenever we get a hankering for that lovely flavor:
Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I’ve used whole wheat, oat, and bread in combinations and they’ve all worked beautifully)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried cloves
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups water (more or less to get your favorite consistency)
- 1/2 cup carob chips
Whisk the dry ingredients together and add wet ingredients. Whisk or use a hand mixer to completely incorporate the ingredients. Add the carob chips last and gently fold in.
Pour. Cook. Flip. Cook. Enjoy!
These are not sweet, but I’ve found that a little coconut oil and maple syrup when serving makes them perfect!